Recycling in Fulton County is so easy! You do not have to sort your recyclable items! Just toss them all into the bin! All materials should be loose - not bagged, bundled, or boxed. Please empty and rinse all containers and flatten and break down all cardboard boxes. Click here for a brochure that describes what items are accepted, as well as items that are not accepted.
There are currently six locations throughout the county where residents can drop-off their household recyclables:
- McConnellsburg Recycling Center - 610 East North Street, McConnellsburg
- Forbes Road High School - 143 Red Bird Drive, Waterfall
- Bethel Township Municipal Building - 289 Long Hollow Road, Warfordsburg
- Old Thompson Township Municipal Building - 4256 Timber Ridge Road, Big Cove Tannery
- Licking Creek Township Municipal Building - 966 Forrestdale Road, Harrisonville
- Hustontown Country Market - 8933 Waterfall Road, Hustontown
These locations are not convenient to where you live in the county? Click here for a list of nearby bin locations in Huntingdon and Bedford Counties. If you live closer to these locations, you may drop-off your household recyclables there instead.
Once a year, collections are held for special materials such as unwanted tires and household hazardous waste, provided we have the funds to do so. As they are scheduled, times and locations for these special collections can be found by clicking the "Events" tab on the District's homepage.
Click on the links below for tips and information on how to recycle other items:
- Electronics Recycling Program
- Tips for Recycling Glass
- What to Do with Old Paint
- What to Do with Used Motor Oil
- Why Can't I Put Plastic Bags in the Bin?
For more information about the Single Stream Recycling Program, please contact Recycling Coordinator, Greg Reineke, at 717-325-6092 or email@example.com.